2019年1月24日木曜日

BR:12 Henry VIII and Six Wives

He was too ill to dance, but later that evening he asked to talk with me. I was a little afraid. I knew so many different stories about him. He was one of the most famous kings in Europe, and he was also famous for killing people who made him angry - Anne Boleyn, Katherine Howard, and many, many others. And of course, he was also very fat and ugly!

I thought this book's story was love story or interesting story, so I chose this book. But it was wrong. The King was cruel. He was not kind husband. "People say that when he was looking for a new wife, careful fathers not want the King to choose their daughter to be the next Queen, because some of his Queens had very short and unhappy lives." This sentence was written in this book. I think if I were one of these father, I would do the same thing. I get frightened to think that if I am a wife of the King because I should worry about my life.

Hardy - Gould, Janet. (1996). Henry Ⅷ and His Six Wives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿